When you’re still wondering is it time to go for a new mattress, ask yourself a few questions–Are you tossing and turning all night, waking up aching or in pain, struggling to awake in the morning and not feeling recharged at all? You could feel your partner tossing and the uneven distributing weight of your mattress, or feeling “unmotivated” to sleep on your worn and saggy mattress. You even realize that you’re no longer looking forward to go to the bed every night. Well yes, it’s time for a new mattress!
Here are some useful mattress buying guides that I’ll share in this blog.
1. FAMILIAR THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MATTRESS MATERIALS
- Innerspring is the most commonly used mattress, uses coils and offers a bouncier feel than a memory foam mattress. It is ideal for heavier sleepers.
- Latex mattresses typically is denser and cooler then the memory foam. It is suitable for side, back or tummy sleepers.
- Memory foam mattresses gradually conforms to your body as you sleep. It is a wonderful choice for side sleeper.
- Hybrid mattresses combines materials such as foams, cotton, wool, or latex along with an innerspring coil system. It is a good choice for sleepers who may move through many sleep positions during the night.
- Air mattresses use an air pump to inflate the mattress instead of using coil system and foam core. It is great for back sleepers and couples with different firmness needs.
- Water bed mattresses use water as the primary support system and are best for back sleepers.
If you want to have a good sleep, you have to have a good mattress.
2. FIND THE RIGHT SIZE YOU NEED
There are different sizes of mattress, make sure you have a clear choice in your mind before you start shopping.
Consider your space in your bedroom. If your room isn’t huge then you don’t need a huge mattress. Or if you’re moving into a bigger room and have more space to fill, then you might need a bigger option.
If you prefer a more spacious double bed for yourself, a queen size might just what you need.
Click video below to understand different mattress sizes and tips to avoid picking the wrong size.
3. TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
This is especially important if you have a health condition such as back or neck pain, or injury issues.
There are different types of mattresses designed for specific support such as the neck, back, spine or shoulder. Seek recommendations from your doctor, physiotherapist or chiropractor before purchase.
4. TEST THE MATTRESS
It is advisable to lie on any mattress before purchasing. Most shop assistants will allow you to do so. Do wear loose clothes and pants (for ladies) when you shop for your mattress.
Spent at least 5 or 10 minutes lying at your preferred sleeping position. However, this initial test might not be sufficient to determine whether will this mattress be right for you or not an option if you opt for an online purchase.
Therefore, checking return and refund policies before buying is a wise decision.
5. CHECK FOR WARRANTY
Mattresses commonly last for 5 to 10 years, and the warranty can range from 10 to 25 years.
Do bear in mind that a longer warranty may not promise a better option or a certain lifespan. Coverage is frequently decreasing over time, and might cover only manufacturing defects such as loose, sagging or broken coil wires.
Our bodies change over time, Breus says, so the mattress that was once a joy to sleep on may no longer feel comfortable a few years down the road. Mattresses also collect dust mites, fungus, and other germs that can exacerbate allergies and impact your sleep patterns. After 10 to 15 years, it’s time to think about buying a new bed–Wedmd.com
Just bear in mind that you will spend more time on your bed than other furniture in your house. Therefore, investing time to research for a great mattress is definitely worthwhile.
Looking for a platform to shop your mattress confidently? Aside from the mattress, you can get a high-quality home furniture from the one-stop furnishing buying platform Johor Bahru Furniture Fair.
Johor Furniture Fair is one of the No.1 online furniture shop which sells high-quality furniture and offers easy delivery at your doorsteps!
- 5 Tips to Buy the Best Bedroom Set
- Ultimate Tips to Identify High Quality Furniture, you will regret if you miss it!
- 4 Easy Steps to Buy Furniture From JB To Singapore